Tuesday 8 June 2010

Sundaze..........

I've had a nightmare with blogpress on my phone lately. This was meant for SUNDAY! See, sundaze....geddit?

Sunday is my favourite day, it's usually filled with completely selfish events such as a long lie in, some snuggles with habibi, cat cuddles, looong breakfasts, old films and some planting (sometimes!). Mostly I craft or decorate!

No matter what, sundays are filled with these:





Beautiful big mugs filled with coffee. It makes you feel all yummy drinking out of these. Aren't they beautiful! They are huuuuuge and gorgey gorgey. Refill please!
I'm incredibly lucky to be spoiled on sundays. Habibi gets out of bed before me, fills my mug and makes breakfast. This is what I had this morning:





Aww look how he arranged it. Bagels with philly are my fave, and the cucumber is like a bonus. I like my sandwiches in quarters so I can take my time over them and so he cuts my bagels in halves.


Hands up who remembers my red lillies? Well they've opened loads and the anther are becoming a risk to my duck egg blue curtains so they have been demoted to a pot. I felt bad, really bad, so I had to go to the local hardware store and rush to the gardeny bit and buy some brothers (who were half price!) coming my way sometime soon are some pink and yellow lillies, yay!









It's been a strange one today. It's so amazing to have a family who understand that I need space a lot. My worst nightmare is small talk, this sounds harsh but I really can't be dealing with people who want me to entertain them! Saying that I've had a nice relaxing day with plenty of headspace with the perfect balance of visitors. A little boy I know took a lot of attention though! Alfie decided the South African bowl I decorate my dining room table with looked like a perfect Alfie sized bed. Alfie is one of my cats by the way.

How could I take him out when he looks so cute?!












Our garden is starting to be taken apart and we have so much dry heather that the only reasonable way of getting rid of it is a fire. We want to put the ash back into the garden as a fab source of nourishment for future plants. Thing is, dry heather really does....burn!






Had a good day at home, mostly in my PJs preparing for my new job tomorrow. I needed a day off from life and I got it!

My last tidbit is a look that Alfie gives us daily. This is what happens when we wake him, accidentally or on purpose. He stretches,he yawns then he looks like this for 5 or 10 mins and slowly starts to sway as he drifts back off to sleep - sitting up....



No comments:

Post a Comment