Friday 18 June 2010

Kermit Gloves...ftw?

So my API results came back. Here I've tried to show two similar results, so the same group of bacteria just different types of families (keeping it simple :))


I've found something I HATE about my new job. The automatic filler. These bottles are used to make media but the tubing is being a fart and this is what happens as a result:


Do they look like the same amount of liquid to you? No, me neither! Some lucky numpty has to fix it, luckily I kinda guessed right and can fix it in a few days when I get a new magnet. Don't ask, it's even more boring than my blog work updates!


Been cooking a lot more lately. There was something about my old job which depressed me and literally made me want to do nothing but sulk when I got home. Now I am eager to get dinner done cos it means more time to be with hubby. My mother picked us up a slow cooker for £5 in a car boot and it was still in its plastic, crazy. It's amazing, but that's another story. Tonight I made a new dish that we love. Chicken stuffed with philly with spring onions.

First of all I took the chicken and cut it to make a pocket. Then I mixed philly with garlic, lemon juice, teeny spring onions and a bit of wholegrain mustard. I began to stuff it with a spoon,, then a knife, then I just used my damn fingers. It's weird not being able to lick the philly off my finger though but of course it's raw chicken! Then any leftover mix I spread over the top of the chicken and put them on a baking tray.



Sorry about the dumb pic being the wrong way around, just cba to change it cos it's so much easier to upload from my phone! This is the garlic I use. It's SO much easier to use than "real" garlic. It's cut for you, peeled for you, and easier to store AND keeps longer without drying out. I reckon it's one of those "kitchen must haves".




Cook it until the chicken juices run clear and tada!! Cross section of the most yummy moist chicken ever. Having tried this out on a few people, I can honestly say it's a treat people love.




Oooh just a pretty thing I saw in work, look the bugs have made the agar go pink :)








Shame about the yellow colonies. The black is ok, edible infact *yeuck* but yellow is a definite no no.

Check out my neon green kermit gloves. They are nitrile without accelerator. I'm allegic to latex and nitrie/w accelerator so my boss ordered these bad boys in. They have fingertip grips which is ace cos everything is so wet after coming out of the water baths and incubators!



They really are very green!

No comments:

Post a Comment