Monday 27 December 2010

Button bouquets!

So, a friend of mine made a button bouquet for a craft swap we both took part in (see pics here) and i was lucky enough to visit her house before the item was sent out and fell jaw droppingly in love with it! I asked her for the instructions and decided to give it a whirl.

So it takes some medium gauge florists wire, buttons, some patience and some plasters for any injuries that are bound to happen! Stabbing yourself with florists wire REALLY hurts! Anyway, I decided to do a few as gifts, so here they are.

One for a friend who is a big purple fan:


One as a craft swap gift:



Actually decided to put these in a silvered champagne glass I found in Dunelm mill, adds a little class doncha think?



Did another emergency craft gift for the craft swap (people letting people down, stupid really, people need to use their brains before they sign up for things). Well the lady I was given had three small children and a teenager. Luckily I'm a "just in case" kind of girl and had picked up these three blackboards in a craft shop ages ago. Grouped a few buttons, whipped out my glue gun and voila!

Here's the pre gluing stage:






And this is what they looked like glued. Purdy!



Really burnt myself quite badly with ye olde glue gun this time. Filled a large button with glue and cos it was a corner one I decided to put the glue on the button instead of gluing the board then sticking the buttons down. Well I only went and dropped the glue filled button on my finger. Holy mother of god, it was hot. Pulled a load of skin off and then the skin underneath instantly blistered. Still painful 3 weeks on! Note to self, be more careful!

Lastly, got some lovely wooden beads for the in-laws' bouquet!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Those wooden buttons are gorgeous! Ive only made 1 button bouquet but I loved doing it. Think I may need to do more. Good to see you blogging again hun.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those buttons, think I found the seller so I may have to get some myself :D I love my button bouquet :) diolch yn fawr cariad xx

    ReplyDelete