Monday 27 December 2010

Work, that maker of money

So, I've finally found a job I like, a job I actually enjoy, learn new things and get a lot of independence. So when I started June 7th I was mainly employed (thankfully) due to a tricky situation. Our lab is a teeny feeder lab for the main lab in Belgium. They do the majority of testing for not only their plant but ours too, we'd send samples of every extraction to them for specific tests such as phosphate content, fat content, chloride, pressure increase, boring boring...blah blah... so every day we'd send them over 7kg of samples - can you imagine the postage costs for a year?!? A few of the guys in Belgium were retiring so the bosses thought it may just be a better idea to employ a few people in our lab to save on the postage!

I started there and helped out generally, in the microbiology lab making room for some of the new equipment etc but quickly was given new roles. Fast forward 6 months and there's a newer employee been taken on and I'm running loads of new tests and trying to improve methods and changing my section of the lab around etc. It's fab.

December 7th saw me taken on permanently, given full BUPA healthcare cover, entry to a fantastic pension scheme and A PAY RISE! Woop! I shall have to upload some pics soon, my job got prettier ;)

3 comments:

  1. Wooo! Nice one lovely :) Good pension schemes are a rarity these days, don't have make you feel old though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best thing, and I didn't mention was that I get a months pay xmas bonus, Oli can join BUPA for barely any pennies a week, and I got an annual pay rise on top of my permanent pay rise! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's brilliant news! Sorry, I didn't see that you replied xxx

    ReplyDelete